Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer OR Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara, CA or Remote
We are looking for an SRE to help us build functional systems that improve both developer and customer experience. This is a senior-level role with architectural-level responsibilities. SRE responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing short and long-term solutions. This is a world where only the automated survive, so a strong background in automation and infrastructure-as-code is expected. If you have a solid background in software development, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, and securely. Laziness, in terms of automating yourself out of doing tedious and manual work, is a required trait.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- Provide the highest level of uptime possible without unduly slowing down the march of progress/releases.
- Build tools and enhance existing tooling.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Keep up to date on developments in the technology landscape, and form well-thought-out opinions as to whether and how MixMode should embrace them.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ (for SRE) OR 7+ (for Sr. SRE) years experience in an SRE/Operations/DevOps role
- Strong experience with AWS services and security concepts.
- Strong experience with Infrastructure-as-code concepts and technologies (eg Terraform, Consul, Ansible).
- Strong familiarity and past work experience with containerized applications.
- Demonstrable experience with CI/CD systems (eg Gitlab).
- Past experience involving a SaaS company in a 24/7 production environment, where you were part of an on-call rotation. (Experience with on-premises deployments is nice to have too)
- Proficiency in coding, and able to learn new languages quickly and efficiently.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Team player, kindness is important to you and you practice radical candor.
- Familiarity with the following technologies is a huge bonus: ElasticSearch, Postgresql, Kubernetes, Kafka, Apache Pinot.
This is a newly created position and we are open to hiring great talent who may have qualifications above or below those specifically listed in this job description. Pursuant to California law, we must display the pay range for this job. Since we are willing to hire within a broad spectrum of qualifications, we also reflect a broad pay range. The base salary range that we are targeting for this position is $130,000 - $225,000, though we can adjust based on individual qualifications. Individual salary is determined by qualifications, role, level, and location.