img src="https://we-work-remotely.imgix.net/logos/0015/8582/logo.gif?ixlib=rails-2.1.3&w=50&h=50&dpr=2&fit=fill&auto=compress" alt="Logo.gif?ixlib=rails 2.1" />
Headquarters: Iowa City, IA
Help Desk Associate
Do you consider yourself a problem solver? Someone who can’t let a question go unanswered? Are you driven to improve processes and delight customers at every turn? We’re looking for you!
Reporting to the Manager of Customer Support, this position is focused on expertly handling all of Pear Deck’s support requests. When teachers have questions or run into technical issues, you’ll be there to respond through email and chat. You’ll collaborate with members of your team and colleagues across the company to ensure consistency consistent, delightful, and helpful support is delivered to every user every day.
On any given day you’ll...
- Manage inbound support requests through email and chat.
- Provide helpful, empathetic support to teachers and school administrators facing technical issues or questions about Pear Deck’s functionality.
- Maintain a speedy response time and happy customer rating, with a continual focus on process improvement.
- Update help articles and videos to ensure the best, most accurate information is always available.
- Conduct tier 1 troubleshooting to help the product and tech teams solve customer problems quickly and efficiently
- Attend meetings to discuss common issues, learn from each other about best responses, and maintain a consistent voice and tone your communications.
- Keep records of the most common support issues and the methods we use to solve them. You’re our first line of product feedback and we want you to be the voice of the customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We're looking for someone who can clearly explain complicated ideas in written form and patiently get to the heart of a problem.
- Previous experience in customer service, preferably with online customer support.
- Previous experience teaching or working with teachers is preferable, but not necessary.