"Motivated developers, ready to join your team."
PRI is a close-knit team of smart, creative professionals. We love what we do, and we love to write about it. We're looking for candidates who understand that development is about more than strong PHP and WordPress skills, but creativity and attention to detail. We involve our developers in all aspects of our projects – therefore we’re looking for self-starters and passionate thinkers who can provide valuable ideas upfront and ensure that design concepts can be implemented effectively.
- Professional experience with WordPress, PHP 5 and MySQL
- MVC frameworks like Symfony2 or Laravel are a plus
- Understanding of core WordPress functions, custom post types, custom themes/plugins, and integration best practices
- Creating, overriding and editing custom page templates
- Ability to build and consume RESTful web services.
- Competent with revision control systems (Git)
- Code optimization and performance improvements
- Passionate about writing beautiful and clean code
- Familiar with accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG or Section 508)
- Experience with Woocommerce, extensions and customizing pages like cart, checkout, product, catalogues/archives etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
While we value your back-end development skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally as important. That said, we’re looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Someone who enjoys collaborating, growing and pushing the boundaries of development; this person knows that there is always a better way to develop
- A highly motivated self-starter, eager to adopt new technologies and apply creative thinking to technology-related challenges
- A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- An excellent communicator with a sense of humor
- A digital detective with the ability to catch problems before they occur