As a Software Support Engineer (SSE) you’ll join our growing team to help our customers install our software (or, in the case of our cloud offering, deploy to our cloud-hosted environment), connect to their datasources, integrate their identity/authentication infrastructure, and upgrade to new versions. You will interact with customers directly (usually over Zoom webconferencing) to troubleshoot technical issues with our software. You will be a member of the product development team, and will have a strong voice in shaping development effort to improve customer satisfaction and mitigate common pain points.
You have many (or even all!) of the following qualities:
- You are motivated by solving customer problems. You tenaciously dig in to find the real root cause.
- You are extremely responsive and communicative and are excited to help customers even during off-hours.
- You like both Linux and Windows. (90% of our customers use Windows Server.)
- You are constantly finding ways to perfect your craft, be a better teammate, and come up with cool stuff. You may or may not be Batman and/or Catwoman.
- You are disciplined with a high attention to detail.
- You are patient and empathetic when you're helping customers with problems.
- You learn things quickly. You’re usually the one suggesting new ideas and raising the bar for the whole team. You listen really well, and you know how to make your ideas be heard without turning people off.
- You are fluent in networking technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP(S), and Ethernet, and you’re not afraid to dive into a deep investigation with tools like Wireshark, tcpdump, TCPView, Process Explorer and the rest of the Sysinternals Windows power tools.
- You have a Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Information Systems or related field.
- You are up for traveling periodically to work with customers on-site or to attend our meetups to hang out with your colleagues and get some face-to-face time.
- You know how to balance life & work, and you don’t want a job that forces you to choose between them.
- You want to work with a bunch of really smart people that love working together. And you want to work for a startup with good investors and a bright future.
Seeq is based in Seattle and founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. We are providing software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is small, so we are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere. Here are a few more benefits we have to offer:
- Salary plus bonus and equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses
- Optional life, disability, and personal accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption assistance
- Internet and mobile phone stipend
- Untracked/unlimited time off
- 401k plan (no matching contributions yet)
- Company meetup events in fun locations