1 Second Everyday
is a video diary app that makes it easy to create the movie of your life. In a couple of minutes, parents can relive the first year of their child's life, look back at their last family vacation, or see their entire journey together. It gives anyone the power to reflect on school, friends, projects, and adventures. From our humble Kickstarter beginnings, we've grown into an award-winning app with millions of downloads. We’re consistently one of the Top 10 Paid Apps on the App Store, hitting #1 several times in 2018.
About the Customer Advocate position
The Customer Support team is primarily responsible for educating and supporting our users. We focus on trying to ensure that they get the most value from our product. As a Customer Advocate you’ll become an expert in all areas of the product. You’ll be responsible for working directly with users to help them get started and grow in using 1SE, answering product questions, tracking user feedback, troubleshooting potential bugs, reporting and escalating issues to engineers, and acting as the bridge between our users and our product design and development teams. Doing what’s in the best interest of the user is at the heart of what we do.
This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives when working autonomously and who doesn't need much oversight to get things done.
- For this role, we’re looking for someone within European time zones from UTC -1 to UTC +3 to cover support Monday-Friday, 1-9 AM (UTC -5).
Giving the best support to our users is important. For that reason, we're looking for candidates who want to dedicate at least the next year or two to giving great support to 1SE users.
- We’re offering between $40,000-$61,000 USD per year for this role based on your experience and cost of living.
- No share options or equity.
- This position requires travel to our semi-annual retreats (Last one was Peru and allowed families to come too!).
- You have a minimum of 6 months experience using Intercom or a similar platform.
- You have practical knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and iMovie/FCPX.
- You would describe yourself as patient and empathetic.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills. You have the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English].
- You genuinely enjoy technology and have previous experience in a troubleshooting environment.
- You share and embody our company values.
Things you will do
We are a small, fast-growing, and remote company, so you'll likely get experience in many different areas across the team. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Help users via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (replying to around 40 conversations every day), troubleshooting their problems, and answering their questions.
- Write documentation and create tutorial videos to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is created and maintained by the support team: https://help.1se.co)
- Work with the product team to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our users, offer informed opinions on potential solutions.
30 Day Targets:
- Learn the 1 Second Everyday software & product offerings to be effective in the position.
- Complete all position-specific on-boarding tasks, setup, and initial training.
- Virtually meet all 1SE employees.
- Actively work on Intercom on a daily basis.
- Contribute at least 3 documents to the Help Center.
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Expertise troubleshooting Android and iOS apps.
- Have been part of a distributed team.
- Have used 1 Second Everyday.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role (Support, Success, Account Management, or Sales).
Benefits & perks:
- Paid open vacation policy - We offer a MINIMUM of 2 weeks off each year. This isn't a vague policy where open vacation means no vacation.
- Healthcare benefits (currently only available in the United States)
- Travel Bonus - $500 per year for a NO WORK vacation on your anniversary.
- Wellness Bonus - $50 a month for a gym membership, yoga class, book club, or whatever makes you happy.
- 2 weeks paid parental leave.
- Conferences of your choice.
Why work at 1SE?
We are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome all walks of life. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are continuously expanding our hiring capabilities in other geographies. However, at this time we are unable to hire employees and contractors in the specified countries below:
- North Korea
We encourage you to continue to check back with future postings as we continue to expand our operational abilities in these countries.