Position Title: DevOps
Reports to: CTO
Join a team that’s transforming higher education by using our disruptive technology to serve the education community. Bibliotech gives you the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization that is changing the future of the multi-billion-dollar textbook industry. You'll have a direct impact on students and educational professionals as we work together to reduce the cost of course materials.
Why work for Bibliotech?
You will be part of a team that pushes boundaries to provide the most efficient learning experience for academic content worldwide. You will have the opportunity to influence product development. You will have access to cutting-edge frameworks and software tools, as well as developer conferences for Google, AWS, Apple, etc.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, private medical insurance, travel card and more. To promote a healthy work-life balance, we offer generous paid-time-off and remote working opportunities. We believe in cultivating a fun, energetic, well-nourished team culture! We enjoy free top-shelf coffee and healthy snacks, birthday cakes, social and team sporting events, and offsite retreats.
This opportunity will allow you to work with a global, cross-functional, product-driven team. You will be working with multiple teams to create and grow our infrastructure engineering capability.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- A solid background in Scripting (E.g. Node.js, Bash, Python).
- A solid background in Linux/Unix Administration (E.g. AWS Linux, Ubuntu)
- A solid background in security best practices
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working with tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc..
- Experience working with project management tools such as Jira
- Excellent communication skills for use with technical and non-technical individuals
- The ability to work in an autonomously, initiative driven environment
- The ability to multitask and prioritize multiple incoming requests
- Contributed to open source projects (Node.js knowledge preferred)
- Lead efforts to build a distributed global infrastructure framework that can grow with us
- Setting up of new services, instances & modifying/improving existing services
- Providing technical support for all aspects of the AWS infrastructure
- Working with other developers to provide guidance and best practices to match the application layer with the infrastructure layer
- Assessment and implementation of new AWS technologies
- Implement best practice
- Build new features with rapid scaling in mind
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Work with stakeholders to define the best solutions to development problems and business requirements
- Set deadlines and communicate often about progress toward those goals