Postmark (a product of Wildbit) is a cloud email infrastructure product that allows businesses to send and receive transactional email from their applications. We aim to make email seamless, dependable, and easy for development teams. We exist to support our team, and our values
and products reflect the care and intention that we operate with. You would be joining a small team of ~30 people, where you would have the opportunity to make a big impact on the evolution of the Postmark product
We are transitioning Postmark from a co-located mixed-OS environment to a cloud-native app running exclusively on Linux. You will be primarily working in C#/.NET, but other technologies and infrastructure you will use on a daily basis include: AWS services (such as Lambda, RDS, and ECS), MySQL, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Grafana, Kibana, and others.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Postmark team, we’re excited for you to:
- Contribute C# code to improve and enhance our APIs and backend services
- Design software that strikes the right balance between delivering on business needs and delivering the quality of code you are proud to ship
- Guard the health of our systems — you’ll be part of an on-call schedule and help mitigate system abuse by spammers
- Set clear expectations around your work, knowing when to break down nebulous tasks into manageable parts, and communicating that to your teammates
- Shape the Postmark system over time to remain highly reliable and scalable, through system design, infrastructure improvements, code optimizations, or other technical initiatives
- Be a partner to Customer Support, Product, and Design, and collaborate with those teams cross-functionally
Typical day-to-day tasks could include:
- Designing and scoping out the software needed to support company initiatives
- Building RESTful APIs
- Adding and managing new services and queues
- Maintaining Windows and Linux servers
- Building and scaling out infrastructure using automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Optimizing queries in MySQL
Engineers on Postmark have a tremendous amount of autonomy on the technical direction of our product, but are held to a high standard for the reliability, maintainability, and usability of code they write. With this autonomy, individual engineers are expected to evaluate the current landscape of our product, as well as consider future directions to develop the best solution for today, with the understanding that there will be inevitable time constraints associated with growing and maintaining a successful product like Postmark.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have a strong technical point of view that is coupled with pragmatism and an ability to execute. You should also be an excellent communicator and approach your conversations with a level of care and empathy.
Ideally, you have:
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with varying scalability, availability, and performance requirements
- Experience with various deployment architecture paradigms, such as zero downtime deploys, canary servers, etc.
- Implemented web services using Twelve-Factor app principles
- Familiarity with email-specific topics, such as SMTP, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
- Managed system infrastructure and built system automation tools
- Remote-first team — we optimize for asynchronous communication and creating space for focused-work
- Full health benefits for US-based team members: medical, dental, vision (100% paid for employee and spouse/dependents)
- Company-paid retreats
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Conferences and career development
- Currently experimenting with 4-day work weeks with flexible hours
Wildbit is an equal opportunity employer and proud of it
We’re committed to building a diverse team, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At our core we believe deeply in diversity, inclusiveness, and acceptance as all being key parts of a healthy team.