Howdy 👋 We’re the folks at SkyVerge, where we build products that help over 100k+ eCommerce brands grow and manage their businesses. Our team is 100% remote, with 29 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for an experienced, thoughtful Engineering Manager to help lead and coach our growing team of 10 engineers.
You should be…
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring a distributed team of engineers
- Kind-hearted and passionate about leading teams to achieve goals together
- An adept technical teacher who is able to make complex topics seem approachable
- Excited about creating and fostering excellence in engineering and Agile/Lean project management practices
- Action oriented with an experimental mindset and someone who thrives on continuously improving your team
- Eager to collaborate with multiple teams and understand how other teams’ work influences engineering practices
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking on a high level of responsibility
- An effective communicator in verbal and written English with strong feedback skills
- Available for a roughly 9am - 5pm EST work day to maximize overlap with our distributed team
You’ll be responsible for…
- Managing, mentoring, and coaching a team of 10-12 engineers through consistent feedback, continuous improvement, and recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of team members
- Providing career development planning and guidance to the engineering team
- Conducting weekly check-ins (1:1s) with team members
- Assisting with the hiring, onboarding, and training of new team members
- Consistently sharing objectives and goals with the team and rallying the team to accomplish them
- Championing an ethos of continuous improvement in the team
- Helping grow the expertise of the team in performant, reliable, scalable, maintainable architecture, and experimentation
- Collecting and analyzing workflow and team metrics to drive improvements
- Helping to define, document, and unify engineering best practices, project management processes, and tooling across the existing teams
- Participating in quarterly planning meet-ups with company leadership
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Scotland!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe that when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.