As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for helping new leads evaluate how Marker.io can help them solve their business challenges.
We’re seeking someone with sales experience, ideally from a SaaS background, to join our new sales team. So far, all our sales efforts have been done by our founders, and we are looking for someone that will help improve our processes and effectiveness.
We approach sales from an educational mindset, and pride ourselves on being product-experts, so we can help customers solve their problems. We believe that the best way to sell is by “helping”, not “selling”.
You should have an understanding of the evolution of SaaS sales (self-service free trial) and be able to apply that to building a sales pipeline that drives successful onboarding during trials, and closes the ideal leads. The majority of leads come from various inbound channels such as SEO, content marketing, guest blogging, partnerships and marketplaces.
You’ll be responsible for qualifying and closing inbound 14-day free trial sign-ups into successful Marker.io customers. You’ll spend a lot of time talking with leads and getting to know our ideal customers. A typical day-in-the-life would be answering incoming sales and emails, scheduling and hosting demos and converting prospects into customers (a full-stack sales process).
You will work closely with the Product team to report customer insights and help improve our onboarding experience which helps leads convert. You will also work closely with Marketing to help define and prioritize the best lead generation initiatives to attract more of our ideal customers into our pipeline.
While we accept both on-site and remote candidates for this role, we require that remote candidates be located in Europe or on the Eastern coast of America. We accept a maximum of 6-hour difference with our headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
What you’ll do
- Call qualified leads shortly after they sign up to our free trial and qualify them based on our ideal customer profile.
- Schedule and perform product demos and present webinars for both prospects and customers.
- Help leads and customers get properly set up with Marker.io to ensure that they can be successful using the product.
- Answer inbound sales related questions from leads and customers via chat, emails, and phone.
- Follow up with prospects during and beyond the trial period.
- Be able to identify “nice-to-have” from “deal-breaker” features during customer calls and be creative suggesting product workarounds.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product to help leads and customers find a solution to their problems.
- Share and document insights with the product team based on customer feedback and help improve onboarding experience
- Partner with Marketing to create and drive new lead generation campaigns.
- Create customer facing content (such as helpdesk articles, screencast, ..) that can easily be shared with leads and customers to help them evaluate and set up their account properly
- Keep CRM up do date to reflect the real situation of our opportunities in our Sales pipeline.
- Able to think strategically and propose ways to scale our sales efforts when possible, while still keeping our approach personal and educational.
- Report on key activity and performance metrics such as # of calls made, # of demos delivered, # of leads qualified, # of new customers and $ amount of new MRR add each month.
- You experience working in a sales or customer-facing position, ideally in SaaS
- You have a track record of performance
- You speak and write in perfect English
- You are a “product geek” , meaning you are able to develop strong understanding and technical knowledge in order to speak confidently to customers and communicate their needs to our team.
- Be comfortable taking calls and closing deals while also thinking strategically about growing our sales efforts.
- You see yourself more as a “consultant” than a pure “sales guy or gal”. You understand that the best way to sell, is to help.
- You get a kick out of talking with customers and figuring out creative solution for their problems.
- You are naturally empathetic, meaning you are comfortable talking to different types of potential customers from multiple industries and technical abilities.
- You are familiar with the project management and issue tracking tool space. You know what Jira, Trello, Asana, Github and Gitlab are and you’ve worked with them in the past.
- You have the startup mentality: you love figuring out creative ways to get the best maximum results with minimal resources
- Competitive salary: Our compensation packages are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Marker.io. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills.
- Technology: Get a new MacBook Pro laptop with all necessary accessories (e.g.: second screen monitor, mouse, keyboard, laptop stand, adaptors,…). Basically anything you need to work in an environment you like.
- Transparent salary: Your compensation package is accessible to anyone internally to encourage transparency and understand how you can grow inside the company. Your salary is calculated by taking into account market rates for your skillset, your relevant experience and the influence and ownership associated with your role.
- Flexible working hours: As long as you are able to collaborate with your team effectively, get your work done and display the right attitude, it doesn't really matter when you start and finish your day.
- Flexible holidays: Beyond your legal number of days off and public holidays, we trust you to take a few more paid extra off days if you feel it's important for your well-being.
- Learning & personal development budget: Get a yearly budget for paid conferences, trainings, online courses and books.
- Company retreats and activities: We regularly organize company dinners and activities to spend time together in a different and fun environment.
- Profit Sharing: It's very important to us that we redistribute part of the value created with you, the actual contributor. We decided that the best way to share the success of the business with you was via a profit sharing program.
- Career Evolution Roadmap: Depending on how fast you want to grow inside the team, we work with you from day 1 to lay out a plan that will allow you to achieve your professional and personal goals. We also regularly meet with you to assess your progress and figure out together what needs to be done to achieve your aspiration.
- Great office or co-working space: We work in the heart of Brussels city in a great office with tons of space. Bars, cafes, and restaurants are only minutes away by foot. Access by tram, metro, train and bus is super easy. If you decide to work remotely, we will cover your co-working expenses.
Who will I work with?
Our team is composed of 5 people, with backgrounds ranging from Marketing, Product Management, Front-end dev, Back-end dev all the way to DevOps architect. We also have the chance to have an awesome advisor who is David Darmain, the CEO of HotJar, a massively successful startup in the feedback and analytics space.