We are looking for someone to join our Support team as our first every Developer focused entirely on Support. This is a great role for someone who is keen on web development but only just getting started. Every week we will pair you with a different developer from our team who can help you develop your technical skills. Alternatively, this role could suit someone who is established but looking for more of a work/life balance.
The key elements of the role are:
For this role you will need a good grasp of core web technologies and protocols as you will be helping our support team triage, diagnose, replicate, and fix issues as they come up.
Key experience we’re looking for:
HTML - Decent grasp of modern web standards. Do you know your localStorage from your indexDB? Can you describe how ServiceWorkers work? If not don't panic we can teach you this but go research now and see if it excites you.
CSS - Enough that you can debug an issue. We are not expecting you to be designing websites.
HTTP, Web Sockets, etc - General understanding of web protocols. Able to dive into network inspector and spot issues such as incorrect headers returned from backend services.
Nice to have:
Web Performance Tools
Most important skills are really a passion for problem solving and the ability to lean on the fly. You feel at home with chrome dev tools, stack overflow, and github.
- Competitive salary
- Training budget
- Employee shares programme
- Unlimited holiday
- Regular team social events and annual offsite trip
- Pick the gear and software you need to do your job well
- Work around your schedule – we’re all adults, there’s no time tracking here
- International team with opportunities to travel
- Work within a close knit, self-driven marketing team - we’re known internally for great communication and are always striving to do better than we did last week