Senior DevOps/ Production Engineer (Java), Appliance Platform
Reporting to the VP, Production Engineering, the Senior Production Engineer (Appliance Platform) will be responsible for designing, building, and supporting the testing of the appliance delivery platform used by the Cofense Vision and Triage anti-phishing solutions. This position requires a full-stack perspective to infrastructure, release management, and application development with a strong appreciation for user experience to ensure successful delivery of the most critical solutions within the Cofense product portfolio.
- Consult with development, QA, and architecture teams to integrate new application containers into the appliance platform and drive operability, scalability, security, and non-functional requirements.
- Create tools that provide self-service capabilities for developers, integrate new applications and service into CI/CD workflows. Manage and improve the automated pipelines that create the installation media used for Cloud and On-Premise installations.
- Design, build, and maintain ChatOps and container tooling that allows developers, QA Engineers, and Support teams to provision & deploy Triage and Vision instances with minimal friction.
- Ensure quality and best-practices for appliance architecture, design, provisioning, usability, security, and monitoring.
- Collaborate with SaaS Platform and Security Production Engineers across the department to drive improvements, tooling and ensure solutions are well-documented, scalable, and secure.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and incident response to ensure applications and services meeting Service Level Objectives.
- Participate in an on-call rotation in support for Cofense cloud-based appliance offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills or abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with COFENSE will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. COFENSE reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
- Competent software development skills in Java, Go, or Python.
- Ability to troubleshoot container-based microservice applications. Preference for reading knowledge of Java and experience with JVM tuning, instrumentation of Java applications Java application servers
- Knowledge of or ability to rapidly learn approaches for containerizing applications, establishing standards for image layering especially for Java and Spring Boot services.
- Appreciation of the challenges and constraints of designing, developing, and supporting virtual appliances that run in remote, headless, or non-SaaS environments.
- 5+ year’s experience as a Software Engineer, DevOps, Site Reliability, or Platform Engineer. Strong preference for experience with containerizing Java applications and orchestrating microservices on Docker, ECS, Fargate, Rancher, or Kubernetes.
- Solid experience with Jenkins, Packer, Git and the ability to design and build container-pipelines built from microservices that consist of databases, message queues, and REST-based APIs.
- Experience with managing and versioning container and OS based artifacts with Debian, RedHat, or Docker Repositories.
- Experience managing and automating infrastructure with code using tools like Terraform and/or CloudFormation.
- Experience with Postgres, ElasticSearch, Nginx, or similar infrastructure components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom bonus
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.