Site Reliability Engineer - CloudOps
Anywhere in the World (remote)
We're looking for a skilled SRE to join our production team.
As companies nowadays are moving fast from traditional IT to cloud-native environments our team is here to help them with the transformation.
You will become a member of Cloud Ops - Level 1 team and you will be working closely with our colleagues on levels 2 and 3 on delivering our established service to our customers. Your main responsibility will be to operate cloud services on behalf of our clients and orchestrate infrastructure as code on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services following the SRE model. You will get a chance to improve your orchestration skills and learn multiple technology skills with a strong focus on open source products.
If you are looking for a part-time contract with flexible working hours you are in the right place. The minimum, however, is 4h within the same day.
Our team works remotely from different locations across the world. You can expect high professional attitude from them and the same will be expected from you. The daily routine consists of an early indication of capacity available (model of shifts). Once your shift opens, active involvement and always-ready attitude will be expected from you.
We reward for on-call time (no active issues to solve, 5 USD / hour) and time spent on specific tickets being raised by our client (usually lower priority) as well as monitoring / alerting of the platform (usually high or emergency priority) differently - there is an extra fee on top of the on-call fee, all together 15 USD / hour).
Our ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience
- Experience with DevOps processes and culture experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Terraform, GitHub, Ansible)
- Experience with containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker, DC/OS, KOPS)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- Comfortable in writing Infrastructure as Code using the same code quality and engineering practices expected from core application developers (Test-driven development, Integration, Security, Acceptance testing)
- Strong understanding of presentation tiers (Apache, Nginx)
- Strong hands-on experience with server operating systems and environments (Linux, Windows)
- Understanding of web and database technologies, concepts and design elements of on-premises, cloud-based and hybrid architectures
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, and Load Balancing
- Knowledge of (shell) scripting languages one of (e.g. bash, PowerShell, Perl or other)
- Working experience with monitoring and data analysis tools one of (e.g. Splunk, Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics)
- A diverse mix of unique personalities who all work together as a team
- An open environment where you can say what you think. Feel free to disagree, but you’re expected to come up with better solutions or ideas
- International clients from various cultural backgrounds with one thing in common - they all expect the best from us.