Do you have an aptitude for analyzing opportunities and creating innovative business deals? Can you take complex scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials while building consensus across broad stakeholder groups?
Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) is seeking an individual for the Deal Team to support the rapid growth of the AWS Americas business. You will be specifically responsible for helping construct a commercial deal that helps achieve desired business outcomes and partner in the critical phases of the Deal Cycle (Strategy, , Negotiations, and Closure). The ideal candidate will have customer facing experience, be a proven collaborator across internal and external stakeholders, and be a high business judgement individual.
Strategy: Partner with broader team to help set objectives, analyze key data and ensure executive alignment and governance. The individual will be able to provide advice on the competitive situation and create an actionable strategy.
Structure: Understanding the desired business objectives and create a competitive commercial deal structure that maximizes the value of the opportunity. This includes analysis of the historical purchasing patterns by the partner, and understanding of AWS programs.
Negotiations: Experience with customer negotiations focused on the commercial aspects of the deal structure. The individual understands the impact of business terms and pricing and provide alternative solutions.
Closure: Will be able to partner in bringing to contractual closure the confirmed deal structure and framework, including providing content for any senior management briefing.
This role is based in North America.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as trusted advisor and thought leader in the development of the commercial deal structure and partner with the execution of the sales cycle (strategy, , negotiation, and closure) for strategic, complex, or highly competitive partner and channel opportunities.
· Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and aiming goals achievement.
· Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication within sales team and internal/external key partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction.
· Cultivate best practices through analysis and reporting in support of continuous improvement.
· Work with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, legal, etc.) as needed.
· · 4+ years in a sales environment working with teams on structuring of big, complex, and/or competitive opportunities, and/or customer facing in a solution oriented capacity
· BA OR BS
· · Strong analytical skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
· · Advanced degree or equivalent relevant experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age