We are seeking a self-motivated, responsible Ruby developer to join our small technology team in new and ongoing development projects. This is an ongoing, part-time contract position of between 15 and 30 hours per week (depending on your capacity).
Church Initiative is a nondenominational, nonprofit Christian ministry serving 25,000 churches worldwide. From its headquarters in Wake Forest, North Carolina, the ministry creates and publishes video-based curricula to help churches minister to people experiencing life crises.
Because this function supports both national and international ministry in a highly visible way, it is important that the successful candidate have a strong spiritual background. This includes a professed relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent and deep personal walk with the Lord, and a demonstrated heart for ministry through the local church evidenced by active membership in a local church.
- Build, improve, manage, and support multiple Rails applications
- Help maintain our technology infrastructure, creating new systems and tools when needed
- Continually improve the quality and experience of our web presence
- Improve our staff’s ability to serve our customers
- HTML & CSS
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Heroku & AWS
- Linux server administration
- Mid to Senior-level developer
- Experience working remotely
- At least 15 hours of work availability per week
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Fluent English