Invoca offers a unique opportunity to be part of a world-class software engineering team deploying code to our production SaaS platform and public cloud infrastructure multiple times per day. Our team is committed to upholding high standards via modern methodologies of agile software development, test-driven development, and DevOps.
What you will do:
- Work on solutions for challenging problems, including:
- Responsive user interfaces
- High performance REST and GraphQL APIs
- Large scale data warehouses
- Highly scalable and reliable VoIP telephony
- Machine learning
Provide technical mentorship and project leadership to peers through team initiatives Participate in and occasionally lead peer code reviews, design reviews, standups, retrospectives, mentoring 1-on-1s, root cause analyses, and more. Focus on the whole production stack; building, maintaining, and monitoring systems that a wide range of internal and external customers are using.
What is the team like?
You’ll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools, practices, and processes. We are an incredibly supportive team. We swarm when problems arise and give great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.
Learn more about the Invoca development team on our blog at medium.com/invoca-engineering-blog and check out our open source projects at github.com/Invoca.
What we are looking for:
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- A track record of owning technical projects, maintaining features in production, and solid prioritization with a customer focused mindset.
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Development, and MVC design.
- Previous experience building customer driven web applications, working closely with Product Management in a continuous deployment environment.
- A desire to create elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions.
- Remote applicants only: must have previous experience successfully working remotely.
- Stock options in a fast-growing company
- Excellent medical benefits and paid time off
- 401K plan with company matching
- A fun team in a great work environment
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
“Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone.” Gregg Johnson CEO
And to us, diversity and inclusion means even more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means proactively hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.