TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
’s remote-only team of 80 people is growing fast. Our team has an immediate full-time opening for an enthusiastic and experienced Employee Experience (HR) Generalist who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
You will join our Employee Experience team. Your role will be to own, create and standardize our HR practices in a scalable manner while supporting our distributed remote-workforce.
The right candidate is someone who is incredibly organized, meticulous, trustworthy, communicative and, most importantly, a team player.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
AS THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE (HR) GENERALIST AT TAXJAR YOU WILL
- Partner and advise managers, leadership and employees on HR related policies, programs, and procedures.
- Recommend HR approaches and strategies to continually improve the efficiency of the employee - manager relationship
- Initiate and own our employee review structure and career advancement tracks
- Advise and assist with Diversity and Inclusion efforts both externally and internally
- Work with the team to streamline and scale our current (and amazing) perks reimbursement process
- Own and manage payroll on a bi-monthly schedule
- Manage employee records, employee information auditing, responding to unemployment claims and state compliance issues
- Communicate and execute all initiatives required to ensure the company is in adherence with HR policies, procedures, and programs within a completely distributed environment
- Manage distributed benefits and 401k compliance including reporting, notices, documentation, open enrollment and audits to meet all legislative and plan requirements
- Provide generalist support to assist with any new programs and projects
- Research and select an appropriate Human Resources Info System (HRIS) that aligns with TaxJar’s needs as a distributed company. Diligently move our team over from our current HRIS to a new long-term solution (MAJOR points if you have done this before!)
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- SHRM certification or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrates trust, maturity and professionalism during all interactions
- Friendly, communicative and a team player
- Proficient in the use of multiple cloud-based tools (we live and breath in Basecamp)
- General knowledge of multi-state employment laws and practices
- General knowledge of multi-state compliance laws and practices
- Excellent organizational skills, detail orientation and project management skills
- Creative and problem solver mindset
- Proven work experience supporting a multi-state company
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable, passionate, and the ability to thrive with change
YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT FOR TAXJAR IF YOU
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.