Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in time zones that align with Europe (UTC -1 to UTC +3).
Hotjar is a fast-growing SaaS business that operates in a fully remote environment. Our entire team works from their homes or co-working spaces across the globe. All of our data is stored in the cloud. Our product is used by over 915,000 users from 190 countries. Keeping this environment secure is the mission of this role.
We obsess over our customers and work vigorously to earn and keep their loyalty. To do this, it is imperative that we keep the data they store with us secure. You will manage all of our IT security policies and controls.
The IT Security Specialist will have the responsibility for ensuring we uphold our commitment to our customers by governing all aspects of our security. This includes how we train everyone within the company (both technical and non-technical) on relevant security matters, monitor and remediate external and internal vulnerabilities, and secure our laptops and mobile phones which can be tricky given that we are a 100% remote based team.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct or participate in Security Risk Assessments and Remediation Plans
- Draft and update Information Security procedures
- Select, implement and administer our mobile device management solutions
- Lead our internal security review board composed of technical and business leaders in the company
- Arrange the schedule for external scans, pen testing, code vulnerability testing, etc. and the prioritization of any items required for remediation as well as the documentation for why items don’t need to be remediated
- Identify and manage a solution for account provisioning solutions to arrange onboarding, offboarding and general administration of internally used tools. You will be the primary administer for a majority of our internally used tools (and we have a lot)
- Be the point person and project manager for the pursuit or maintaining of security certifications
- Analyze reports from Information Security tools
- Assess third-party partners for appropriate security controls
- Help respond to customers and potential customers about our security environment
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €65,000 to €85,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta and Germany. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in security-relevant positions, security technologies and related knowledge of the market
- Must provide procedural and technical security input on information security program matters such as completing and maintaining security authorizations for information systems
- Experience evaluating and making recommendations for technical and non-technical security-based solutions
- Experience providing oral and written information about security policies, directions, and guidance
- Experience developing and defining IT security program plans and strategies
- Experience with systems security certification and accreditation requirement processes
- Can deal with a wide variety of issues on any given day. They’ll range from seemingly trivial to essential and must be prioritized and acted upon appropriately
- The ideal candidate would have experience within a remote based company or team
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by a third-party