Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last nine years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 200 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Mobile Developer to our Engineering team.
If you are passionate about great code, willing to help others to get things done, and not be afraid to admit when you don’t know something? Then this is the team for you...
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering team works remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home (or right in our office if you’re local). Compensation is very competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, bi-annual Engineering team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As our Mobile Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Implement UIs across both mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for the best possible mobile experience
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Collaborate with designers and engineers and help develop the next generation of Hireology applications
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Collaborative: You are comfortable collaborating both across departments and with our customers to deliver the best product.
- Results Obsessed: You have the drive to ensure the experience for our user’s applicants is great regardless of what device they are using.
- Creative and Curious: You are passionate about growing professionally. You’ll be able to find areas we can be better and you’ll work across the organization for the best ways to make them better. Then you’ll make them better. You’ll learn a ridiculous amount, because you have to and because you want to.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Mobile Developer. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Experience writing code in React Native, Objective-C, Swift, and Java code on mobile platforms
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Knowledgeable with native build tools, like XCode and Android Studio
- Direct experience integrating with REST APIs and 3rd Party services
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest
- Have published at least one React Native app on the App Stores for both platforms
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.