Accomplice is seeking a self-motivated and agile senior level contractor who is adept at server-side development and ideally also has some development operations experience for a 6+ month project with a strong potential to extend.
- Earnest and hardworking, detail oriented, thorough, and very efficient in completing the work at hand without getting bogged down by minutia
- Able to decide between multiple options based on which choice will satisfy the goal the best
- Excited by learning new tools, technologies and tactics
- Happiest wearing multiple ‘hats’
Would you describe yourself as:
- Curious; enjoy learning the nuts & bolts of systems, then applying them to a methodology
- Problem solving is rewarding - unceasingly ‘fixing’ things
- Easy going, respectful, and showing independent initiative
- Respected for your knowledge and ability to get things done
- A person who likes to cross items off their list as they’re completed
- Adept at communicating issues & roadblocks to those who need to know as well and willing to follow up with the right people until issues are resolved
- Developed REST APIs using one or more of the following:
- Python (Django / Flask)
- Java (Spring MVC),
- .NET (WebAPI)
Successfully integrated several third party APIs from their available documentation Built asynchronous multithreaded processes and configured/deployed worker servers to read from a queue Experience with caching technologies and/or search indexing technologies (esp. location based search) a big plus Worked with SQL & NoSQL data stores and you know how to organize data effectively in both
We would love it if you have also:
- Configured and deployed cloud/platform based systems using AWS
- API Gateway, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk
- S3, Cloudfront, Lambda
Managed complex permissions & VPC configurations using AWS to effectively secure access to cloud resources Set up continuous integration using Jenkins, Codeship, Bamboo or similar Provisioned databases in the cloud (SQL and NoSQL) Worked with Kubernetes deployment environments & Dockerized applications
Accomplice is comprised of some of the most talented thinkers, designers, and developers from across the country. We are a collective without walls and without limits. We are not confined by the walls of a studio space. We are passionate about your success and your journey there.
This contract is a remote (i.e. work from home) position; however, there may be rare instances of travel either to our Austin HQ for team meetings or to a client site. Preference is given to candidates who are open to occasional travel. Travel expenses are reimbursed based on common industry standards.
Working hours are partly flexible; please be advised that the core hours for this position are 10 am-4pm CST to avoid communication delays between team members, and it is expected that there will occasionally be calls or email/text contact required outside these hours.
Candidate sponsorship is not provided. Candidate must provide proof of current eligibility to work in the United States.