Highrise is a creative mobile community where people make avatars, express themselves and make friends. Over 3 million users create avatars, chat and make new friendships in Highrise. We are a fully remote team of 20 backed by YCombinator, Bessemer, Maveron and other leading investors.
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic UI/UX artist excited to make the world both more accessible and fun. You will be working to construct delightful user experiences around play and friendships.
This is a cross-disciplinary role, where you will work closely with our engineers, PMs and game designers to shape the optimal experience for the Highrise audience. You will do everything from brainstorming to UX design to visual design.
You'll also conduct user research/interviews, and synthesize those findings into written documents to communicate findings to the rest of the team.
What will you do?
- Create delightful user-centered experiences by building and adhering to established design patterns.
- Generate mockups, wireframes and polished visual designs.
- Work with PMs, engineers and other designers to solve complex product and business problems.
- Make your own schedule, effectively estimate tasks and deliver on time.
- Establish, maintain and follow consistent internal design guidelines for UI/UX.
- Survey other applications to understand what does and doesn’t work.
- Conduct customer interviews when necessary to collect feedback and understand user requirements.
Who are you?
- Experienced: You have 5+ years experience designing and building product experiences for end-users and have shipped design for a product used by many people.
- User-centric: You have a strong user-centered approach when making design decisions, and you back those decisions with user research.
- Open-minded: You’re very open to feedback and trying new things.
- Learn from users: You have some experience conducting user interviews and/or surveys.
- Skilled Written Communicator: Highrise is 100% remote, which means writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to explain decisions.
- Know your tools: You have some experience working in a prototyping tool like InVision and design tools like Sketch/Adobe XD.
- Meticulous: You have a strong attention to detail when it comes to design guidelines and consistency.
- A competitive salary
- A fully remote team means you have the freedom and flexibility to work where and whenever you like
- A strong set of core values
- Camaraderie from far: we chat daily in Slack and video
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Annual company retreats