Do you have an alphabetized spice rack or record collection? Did you use a spreadsheet to plan your last house party? Are the Apps on your phone impeccably organized? Read on!
Pear Deck is seeking an Operations Associate with stellar organization skills to do order processing and documentation. Founded in 2014, Pear Deck is an educational app that’s changing K-12 education by making it possible for teachers to truly engage with every student every day. As Operations Associate, you’ll be responsible for processing orders from schools throughout the U.S. and the world. You’ll work closely with our 5-person Revenue Operations team responsible for business and accounting data and metrics.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and experienced with a variety of business systems. Pear Deck is headquartered in Iowa City, IA; we will consider remote candidates for this position.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Associate role is focused on processing orders according to strict SLAs while maintaining a high level of standardization and accuracy. The Operations Associate is relentlessly detail-oriented and organized; they quickly identify and correct inconsistencies across multiple apps without breaking stride.
- Order Processing
- Check, process, and document orders according to SLAs and guidelines
- Provide onboarding support to group subscriptions
- Follow up with Customer Success and Sales team members to obtain missing information
- Daily communication with RevOps team members
- Maintain standardized backend procedures
- Identify gaps and breakdowns in RevOps procedures and systems
- Help solve and document those procedures
- Research schools and clean up data in backend systems to maintain efficiency and accuracy
A great candidate will be:
- Detail-oriented, thorough, regimented and able to self-organize
- Driven to create order out of disorder
- Tech Savvy - aside from deep knowledge of Pear Deck, you’ll need to be able to pick up the tools we use to operate, keep track of accounts, run demos, etc
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Computer proficient
- Spreadsheet and Google Suite proficient
A great candidate will have:
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer proficiency
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
We’ll know this role is successful if:
- Orders are processed and documented correctly
- Orders are processed within set time frame
- Data and documentation standards are maintained
- Task hand-offs to Customer Success are prompt and clear
Educational & Experience Requirements
Ideal applicants will have a Bachelor's degree and two years of experience.
About Working at Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will experience an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. If you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
Here are some of the other people you would be working with:
Sara Wakefield, Operations Manager
You will report to Sara, our Operations Manager. She’s in charge of data accuracy, documentation, and order processing. You’ll be working closely with her; you’ll collaborate on improvement projects as well as on day-to-day troubleshooting.
Anna Zabiega, Operations Associate
Anna currently owns all top of funnel processes and supports our sales team. She’s an incredible resource and will support you as you transition into your role.
Shana Norris, Operations Associate: Finance
Shana owns all customer invoicing and supports the beginning and end of the sales process. Your workflow will feed directly into her daily tasks - you’ll work together to ensure consistent billing documentation and communication.