What We’re Looking For
As our Support Specialist, you’ll provide a valuable service to the millions of people that use AdBlock products daily. We strive to solve support issues in a friendly and compassionate way, and you will be our first line of communication with AdBlock users. You’ll engage with people via our help desk, product reviews, social media, and other channels. You’ll also have the opportunity to assist in knowledge base, blog, and other writing projects, so strong writing skills are a must.
We are looking for an empathetic support person who is excited to help AdBlock users solve a wide range of potential issues, from deeply technical problems to basic troubleshooting. Since our support team is small, our ideal candidate will also be comfortable wearing many hats.
You’ll report to our Director of Support and will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects. This is a coverage position so while there is flexibility in the schedule, you’ll need to be available during general business hours.
- Be a critical member of the team responsible for addressing customer issues quickly via help desk tickets and other channels
- Provide a voice for the user within AdBlock, alerting us to issues users are facing and features users are hoping for
- Identify technical issues and collaborate with our quality assurance and engineering teams to ensure they get resolved for our users
- Answer questions about AdBlock’s multiple products and provide user guidance around best practices in ad blocking and online privacy
- Experience providing customer support to a wide range of users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks independently
- A strong desire to deliver the best customer experience possible
- An excellent attitude and sense of ownership over your work
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Freshdesk
- Experience providing technical support for browser-based products, such as extensions or apps
- Knowledge of ad blocking, malware, and online privacy issues
- Experience working on a remote team
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote, flexible work: work in whatever way produces the best results
- Regular compensation reviews: we reward great work
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) + company match
- Company investment in professional development and training
- MacBook or Windows laptop and whatever equipment you need to work effectively
We’d Love to Work With You
We’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want AdBlock to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We are a small team, and we believe our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
How to Apply
If this role sounds exciting and you live in North America, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- The title of the position you’re applying for and your full name in the subject line
- Your resume
- A cover letter (feel free to include it in the body of your email)
- A brief summary of how you approach customer support
- A sentence or two on why working at AdBlock appeals to you and what you’d bring to the AdBlock team
The AdBlock Team