Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only considering candidates based within the EST timezone.
We’re looking for an empathetic and experienced Support Specialist to join our growing Customer Experience team. You’ll be an important part of a cross-departmental team dedicated to all things revenue, with a focus on helping our customers with their billing and account-related needs. You’ll go beyond just answering support tickets - our projects related to revenue will be an important part of your daily work.
To excel in this role, you’ll be an enthusiastic problem solver with an analytical mindset and a keen eye for spotting problems. Your customer empathy will come through in your strong writing style, adapting to our user’s tone of voice. You’ll be comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to constantly learn and apply these learnings to your work - with failures an inevitable part of your experiments.
In this role you will:
- Support our users and answer their questions related to revenue through our Zendesk ticket platform
- Communicate crucial company updates through various channels (i.e., in-app messages, emails, blog posts, etc.)
- Manage the knowledge base articles that cover pricing and billing. This includes writing and updating existing articles, as well as creating visual content (like videos!)
- Help create internal processes that directly impact revenue (i.e., refunds, disputes, user permissions, etc.)
- Create reports for the revenue team that highlight customer feedback / sentiment
- Evaluate results from tests and gather data to decide on next steps within the wider revenue team
- Collaborate with the cross-departmental revenue team to plan and execute projects
The budgeted compensation range for this role is $45,000 to $73,000 annually (we do not have a commission or bonus scheme at Hotjar). Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- 2 years in a customer facing role, ideally support
- Previous tech experience within SaaS, e-commerce, or similar
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience handling refunds/troubleshooting billing
- You’ll preferably have experience helping to implement a new billing system or pricing structure
- You’ll preferably have experience of going through a large product update
- You’ll preferably have experience leading/managing small teams
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party