Who We Are
Loom has helped over a million workers get their message across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required.
We are building the world's leading workplace human communication platform. Our mission is to enhance workplace communication and bring back its humanity. Our target market is the ~1.2B knowledge workers in the world. Our full stack platform team is the heart of how we are able to move fast and tackle some of the most interesting product and technical challenges out there.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be a key part of Loom's support experience at scale and provide timely and effective resolution to customer issues by applying your technical and troubleshooting skills.
We are looking for support champions who are genuinely happy to help others. If this sounds like you, you came to the right place!
As a Technical Support Specialist, your responsibilities include…
- Helping customers through live chat and email to ensure they are successful with our product
- Leveraging effective troubleshooting to quickly identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports for our Engineering team
- Jumping on ad-hoc calls with customers to troubleshoot issues live, as necessary
- Identifying bugs, testing, reporting, and working with our Engineering team to assist with a fix
- Actively collecting insights from customers and focusing on closing the communication loop by providing product feedback to the team
- Providing timely updates to the Support and Engineering Managers regarding new trends in issues
- Developing and documenting best practices to enhance SL2 troubleshooting processes
- Creating technical documentation such as FAQs, guides, knowledge-base articles and how-to’s for Loom customers
- Helping the Engineering team develop tools to help our Support team work quickly and efficiently
- Diving into the codebase and gaining domain knowledge of different parts of Loom
- Making efficient changes to the codebase to solve small and quick tasks/issues
You could be a good fit if you…
- Have previous experience delivering excellent support experiences with respect, empathy and understanding
- Have a minimum of 2+ years of Technical Support and Customer Support experience
- Have the technical understanding and ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems on your own
- Have the ability to handle high volume of support conversations
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Are available to work in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC/GMT -5:00) and on a full time schedule that spans weekends and may include holidays as our customers need us
Perks at Loom
- Work with a driven, welcoming team at a company that is changing how people communicate every single day
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (US-based)
- Unlimited PTO
- Yearly off-site retreats (this year we went to Costa Rica for a week!)
- Remote weeks every-other-month. Work from the beach, mountains, home... The world is your oyster!
- Learning & Development stipend
- Healthy lunch catered every day + snacks and beer in-stock (SF office)
- Healthcare stipend (non-US-based)
- Home office & technology stipends (remote)
- At least two all-expenses-paid trip to San Francisco every year (remote)
Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.