The GitHub Accounts Support team is looking for a full-time team member who is based in the Asia Pacific region. This person will join GitHub as part of our global support team and support our customers around the world. This is the current list of countries in which we are set up as an employer in the Asia Pacific region, so legal working authorisation is required: Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.
When GitHub users have questions, they email support. We help people as quickly and awesomely as possible. Our Account Support team handle passwords, email verification, billing, legal, spam and abuse, account lockouts, fraud, and helping people choose plans. This requires a logical brain and a spidey sense for solving problems.
The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. GitHub is a place for people to work better, together. Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we'd want someone to treat our friends.
Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
Developers: this probably isn't the job for you, but perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link. Thanks!
- Currently residing in Japan, Australia or New Zealand.
- Current legal working authorisation to work in Japan, Australia or New Zealand.
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- A unique writing style and voice
- Excellent problem solving skills – you might not know all of the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Prior customer support experience
- Technical experience (QA, documentation, elaborate boardgames)
- Experience working remotely
- Previous work with GitHub and/or developers
- Knowledge of banking or online payment systems
- Experience supporting web apps