We are looking for a talented full-stack web developer to join our team at SEO Sherpa.
In this role, you will be responsible for the planning and executing delivery of website improvements and updates. Your tasks could include executing everything from speed optimization to user experience improvements and custom tracking scripts to landing page builds.
You will integrate closely with the SEO and paid search teams by implementing performance recommendations on client’s websites. You shall skillfully deploy technical improvements and customizations on various content management systems, including but not limited to WordPress, Shopify, Magento, and custom builds.
In this position, you’ll keep close tabs on your clients’ website health by tracking and fixing issues as they arise. Your goal is to maintain optimum site health while delighting our clients (and their users) with superior functionality, UX, and performance and help drive more organic traffic and revenue growth.
You will be accountable to your portfolio of websites, with regular monitoring and maintenance to ensure superior performance and minimize errors and downtime.
Note - this position is remote, but it requires collaboration with other team members. Applicants residing in time zones of 4 hours +/- of Dubai (GST) will be considered for that purpose.
We seek a skilled end-to-end web developer to drive website improvements and optimizations for our clients, including fast-growing startups and world-leading brands.
Is This Role Right For You?
If you answer “YES” to all these, we’ll be a great fit…
- You have a verifiable, proven track record of customizing, updating, and maintaining web-standard CMSs like WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, and others.
- You have the knack for creating well-documented, reusable code for website improvements, custom theme development, plugin creation, and automation.
- While you are a developer first, you take pride in keeping up with SEO fundamentals and trends. You enjoy reading up on industry blogs and sharing insights with team members.
- You know how to get your point across. Whether you’re writing an email or Slack message to a teammate, or sharing your recommendations with a client, your communication style is always concise and effective
- While your primary role is execution, you’re also eager to share strategic opinions and recommendations.
- You possess superior problem-solving skills and can tackle complex problems and translate them into actionable solutions.
- You approach your work with urgency, organize and prioritize your work, and meet deadlines without micromanagement.
- You don’t just find problems, you find solutions! You anticipate hiccups and provide proactive solutions. You are always one step ahead.
- SEO Sherpa operates in a rapid-paced environment, embracing the idea that change is the only constant. Keeping up is a breeze because you move at lightning speed.
A proven successful track record of having worked on improving and maintaining sites as small as a few hundred pages to sites as large as hundreds of thousands of URLs. Lastly, to fit in at SEO Sherpa, a fun-going attitude is not pleasant to have. It's a must.
- The opportunity to work with a talented team on an important mission.
- Above market salary + incentives.
- Unlimited (paid) personal time off for vacation, sick, and wellness days.
- Full-time, flexible hours, and the freedom to work from home (or anywhere else) within timezones of 4 hours +/- of Dubai.
- Radical transparency across business metrics and information (we call this "open for business").
- 100% company-paid health insurance.
- When the company does well, so will you. 8-15% of the net profit gets shared amongst the team members you included.
- Regular training, professional workshops, and book purchases are covered by us.
- Team retreats and meet-ups that bring together our remote-first workforce.
- A fun work culture where we value your work and our client's business.