Growth Machine is expanding quickly, and we need your help to produce the best content on the internet.
We’re hiring a full-time associate editor to assist with the process of producing articles for our clients. You would be responsible for making sure every article we produce is error-free, fits the client’s brand, and meets our company's high standards.
As one of the early members of our editorial team, you'll help strengthen the systems that allow us to grow multimillion dollar businesses. Plus, the articles you work on will be read by hundreds of thousands of people.
It's the perfect role for a skilled editor interested in a wide variety of areas, who doesn't want to be reading articles on the same subjects all day. And for someone who loves seeing the benefits of good writing, as our clients benefit from the work you'll be editing and publishing for them.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Editing articles we produce for clients to make sure they’re error-free and fit their voice.
- Working with a team of writers to provide feedback and help them improve their craft.
- Working with our editorial team to improve our editorial and publishing systems.
- Having the final say on when content is ready to go live on as many as a dozen different popular blogs.
- You’re a meticulous editor who errs on the side of more feedback, not less.
- You’re punctual — deadlines are not options for you.
- You’re a confident writer.
- You know AP Style like the back of your hand and can pick up client style guides with ease.
- You're comfortable using Wordpress and navigating a CMS.
- You have a systems-first approach to work, focusing on designing and perfecting repeatable methods instead of just completing tasks.
- You’re great at working independently, setting your own goals, and hitting them.
- It’s a bonus (but not mandatory) if you’ve successfully grown your own or a company blog, and have some experience managing other content producers.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- Life Insurance: We cover life insurance for 2x your salary up to 200k, and you can add up to 500k in additional coverage.
- 401k: You'll have access to a 401k with a 4% company match.
- Profit Sharing: Each quarter we're profitable, a portion of that profit is split amongst the team.
- Vacation and Holiday: 20 days paid vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year. You also get additional vacation days each year you're with the company.
- Team Retreats: Two to three team trips per year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.
- Flexible Hours: Want to go to the gym in the afternoon or prefer working later in the day? Not a problem as long as your work is done.
- Remote Work Possible: Some of our team is in Austin Texas, so living there or being willing to relocate is a plus. We'll consider excellent candidates from anywhere though.