NOTE: Please read the listing in full before applying. We will not respond to those that do not complete all steps. Please do not contact us if you are an agency/development company. We are looking for someone to join our team)
Come join the team that is making life better for dogs and their owners everywhere.
The DogsThat team is a diverse, fast moving, and passionate group who is looking for a talented full time Wordpress Developer/Designer to join the team. Hours are Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm ET. (with flexibility for adjusting after the training period has passed)
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with our team alongside our entrepreneur Susan Garrett and be a part of our vision to improve the lives of dogs and dog owners by helping them understand each other better.
We’re a heart driven company, and believe that our community and students’ experience and success is one of the main contributing factors to our future success.
You’re a perfect fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of full-time experience as a front end Wordpress developer/designer
- Bonus if you have experience with Wordpress page builder plugins (ex: Thrive Architect), Wordpress learning management systems (ex: LearnDash) and tools for creating and managing membership sites that integrate Wordpress with Keap (ex: Memberium) and Infusionsoft/Keap/ Kajabi CRM & API
- Have a passion for beautiful and effective design.
- Proficient in WordPress Theme and Plugin Development
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Are proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues how to test and ways to work around them.
- Understand code versioning tools like Github
- Have a good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Have a good understanding of Accessibility principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Understand project and development plans and are able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Have good communication skills and ability to relate to team members and our community world wide.
- Are willing to watch a 15 minute dog training video from our CEO for ideas on how to set up the page design.
What we look for in a team member:
- Ability to own development tasks from assignment through to production yet also works collaboratively with others cross-functionally.
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player.
- Flexibility for taking on tasks that fit outside of the traditional front end development roles, ie. building classrooms in Kajabi and Wordpress and other website related projects as needed.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Willingness and desire to learn.
- Are able to work in East Coast Timezones
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English.
This job is probably not for you if...
You get easily distracted and need to be closely managed on a daily basis.
You do not have good time management skills or ability to be organized.
You are fazed by shifting priorities.
You don’t enjoy trying new things in technology or trying new tactics to improve efficiency.
You do not have experience working from home, in a virtual team, or in an agile development environment.
You do not have attention to detail or a high level of follow through.
You do not like dogs 🐶 ( 😉 ) or communicating with people from all over the world!
Note: There will be times where it’s all hands on deck for planned activities, and times when we meet outside our own time zone. Flexibility is a must as this position may need a level of responsiveness outside of the normal work week and standard work hours during three to four events a year.
Benefits of working at DogsThat
🌐 Work with a diverse and inclusive team from around the world where ideas are encouraged and heard.
🤝 Supportive and positive work environment
✨ Varied and interesting projects.
📚 Opportunity and encouragement to grow and improve your skill-set.
🎵 Monthly fun team Luna Park (virtual musical bingo and other fun team activities).
DogsThat Impact & Equity
Here at Say Yes/DogsThat we recognize and celebrate the diverse backgrounds of any identity or life experience of our team, our students and our worldly community.
As an online team we strive in our actions and behaviours together to be congruent and in alignment with our personal and professional values as we pursue the mission and vision.
We acknowledge the growing potential of each of us in developing an environment of learning, collaboration, caring and trust for each other be it within our team or serving our community.
We are guided by our cultural values as we move toward inclusion and equity which are personal growth, pride for our work, personal integrity and practicing kindness toward each other.
With answers to the following questions:
- What appeals to you about this job description?
- This role includes a lot of cross functional work. You will be working collaboratively with others frequently. The work includes a lot of varied tasks on a given day. How comfortable are you with shifting tasks and shifting priorities?
- Describe and provide links to GitHub or other similar resources for your previous Wordpress development and front end work.
- Our team is unique and small with lots of cross functional roles. Are willing to watch a 15 minute dog training video from our CEO for ideas on how to set up the page design.
- What is the salary range you are looking for?
- Which of the required job skills do you feel you are strongest at?