Aeolidia is growing and we’re looking for a Sales & Marketing Manager to join our team! You might be the perfect fit for this full-time, remote position if you are an ambitious and highly-skilled sales and marketing manager, who combines creativity with strategy to develop innovative strategies and campaigns to shape the future of our company.
Aeolidia is a “one stop shop” design agency that develops brands and creates story-centered ecommerce websites for designers, artisans, and curators that have made it past the startup phase. We pair our custom strategic Shopify websites with analytical insights to continually optimize clients’ sites, resulting in significant growth to their online retail sales.
Our employees are directly responsible for empowering awesome business owners to succeed, and are challenged with meaningful work that improves their particular skills. If this all sounds excellent to you, please keep reading to see if we might be a match to work together!
A Bit About Us
Aeolidia is a graphic design and web development agency that has been working with designer and artisan businesses since 2004. We’re the preeminent design team in our creative niche, and we dig deep into strategy based on information we get from each client’s website analytics while also truly understanding the branding part of it. We deliver a gorgeous AND powerful site every time.
A designer or artist’s story should be compelling to customers. We focus on storytelling for brands. This is about each business’s “why” and what makes them unique and irreplaceable to their perfect customers. Since we do business naming, brand vision and voice, brand graphic identity, copywriting, and photography in-house, we have the capability to craft a cohesive story without losing anything along the way.
We are a remote team of overachievers, united in our common goal of taking creative businesses to the next level by paving the way toward substantial increases to online sales.
Now Let’s Talk About You
As the Sales & Marketing Manager, you’re a critical part of the leadership team. You enjoy leading people, as well as managing the day-to-day sales and marketing operations of a thriving and ever-changing business. You’re creative, charismatic, knowledgeable, and exceptionally well-versed in the latest sales and marketing techniques, as well as tried-and-true practices. You will increase productivity, inspire and motivate junior employees, and optimize our company’s market share.
Here are just a few ways we see you being successful in the Sales & Marketing Manager role with Aeolidia:
You’re a Diligent Achiever
You work smartly to deliver a truly top notch experience to your clients. You seek unique solutions, meet each deadline, and just plain get things done. You are a reliable go-getter.
Capable, persistent, and resourceful, you never despair when you hit a roadblock or need to figure out something new. You give it a try, do the research, try try again, ask for help, test it out, succeed, then consider it a learning experience and a new tool in your kit.
You’re a Curious Learner
You know it would be easy to keep doing what has worked in the past, but you also know that technology changes quickly, each business is different, and what works in one case won’t be the best solution in others.
You stay abreast of advancements in design, technology, and each specialty area in your role. You value being at the top of your game, even as things change. You have big ideas, and you’re eager to figure out how to do them.
You’re a Humble Expert
It’s important that each member of our team approaches the client relationship from the mindset of a “doctor”—using their years of expertise and insight to prescribe the right solution. This is in sharp contrast to the “waiter” mentality of taking orders and doing what is asked of us.
You remember that each client knows their business better than you do, and that you have a lot to learn from them. You strike the balance by being authoritative but cooperative and open-minded. You are experienced and your role is to help guide your client down the path to their goal.
You are highly collaborative and function well within a team. You feel comfortable asking for help and being open about what you don’t yet know. And, in turn, eagerly show up and share the special knowledge you do have without being arrogant about it. You also facilitate a team environment where each member feels the same.
You’re a Positive Ally
You anticipate your clients’ needs and concerns, and take an active role in making them feel comfortable with their brand, their technology, and their next steps.
When you see a problem you can solve or help with, you leap to action to make progress toward a solution. You take as much responsibility for client dissatisfaction as you can, knowing that you’re the one guiding the relationship and setting expectations.
You find solutions that are more than just acceptable, but something the client is happy with, and that keeps your relationship with them on a good track.
You’re a Creative Supporter
Your work is meaningful to you. Making a website and getting money is not the satisfying part. You’re in this to watch your clients exceed their goals and feel proud to have contributed.
You care about and believe in your clients’ businesses. You have a personal connection that makes the journeys of designer and artisan businesses meaningful to you.
You understand, you relate to, you value and respect each client and their business. With every step on their project, you are aiming to propel your client to where they want to be next.
A Day in the Life
Now that we’ve covered what it’s like to work with Aeolidia, let’s chat about what you would be doing on an average day. The full-time Sales & Marketing Manager will work approximately 40 hours per week designing, implementing, and improving sales and marketing strategies. You will be responsible for identifying and targeting new markets, generating new leads, managing the sales and marketing processes, tracking and assessing the effectiveness of each sales and marketing strategy, providing guidance for your team, and removing obstacles and barriers from their path so they can effectively execute the plan.
As the Sales & Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the CEO/Founder and Director of Operations to ensure the sales and marketing strategies are aligned with the company vision and goals. You will be responsible for translating and communicating the vision and goals to everyone on your team to ensure they understand what is expected of them in their individual roles. You will help drive results by keeping your team focused on the big picture vision and goals, developing team unity, and prioritizing projects so the team can follow through and execute them on schedule. You thrive in the post-project followup (gathering satisfaction surveys, testimonials, case studies, etc.) and understand its role in a successful sales process to attract new clients.
Every position with Aeolidia is a remote one, meaning you get to work from wherever you are! This also means that you will be leading a remote team. There are no set schedules or hours. Flexible schedules that fit around your life are what we do best. However, of course we do expect all of our team members to meet their goals and project expectations, so we’ll have weekly meetings to check in on progress, celebrate successes and help clear roadblocks that have a tendency to pop up from time to time. In addition to meetings with your supervisor, you’ll also be leading these meetings with your own direct reports, as well as following up on what they have learned from their team members. We want to ensure you (and every team member at Aeolidia) have every chance to be successful in this role and we’re committed to doing our part to make sure you are.
You’re a Great Fit For Our Team If:
- You can commit to working 40 hours per week.
- You have a reliable internet connection which allows you to work from anywhere.
- You work closely with the CEO/Founder and Director of Operations to help bring the goals of the company to life through the sales and marketing processes.
- You’re an experienced and confident leader, comfortable with overseeing multiple team members, setting expectations, discussing project goals and outcomes, delegating and handling difficult conversations in a timely manner when they’re needed, all while keeping the company vision in the forefront.
- You’re not someone who settles for the status quo. You continuously look for ways to improve and streamline the company’s sales and marketing processes.
- You’re experienced with the end-to-end sales process, including brand and product positioning, generating more leads through prospecting and outreach, creating proposals using value pricing methods, following up, and tracking and improving conversion rates.
- You enjoy traveling to events as a representative of the brand to help broaden the company’s presence, including trade shows, conferences, etc.
- You understand the importance of proper project scheduling and pricing to maximize our team’s efforts and generate a higher ROI per project.
- You stay up-to-date on the latest trends in sales and marketing to stay top of mind with customers and get in front of new audiences.
- You regularly track and analyze company stats to know what marketing activities are a strategic use of time and which we should eliminate.
- You maintain and regularly add to our content marketing strategy, which includes blogging, email marketing, and social media use to stay in front of our audience.
- You thrive in the post-project followup, including: satisfaction surveys, testimonials, review of external sites, permission to use client work in our portfolio and conducting case study interviews for our blog.
- You embrace your position as the spokesperson of the brand. You enjoy communicating with our audience through our website, regular blogging, email marketing, and social media, as well as engaging with our community in our Facebook group, by email, and in person.
- You love seeking out new opportunities to reach out to others within our industry and niche to partner, collaborate, and/or provide value to their communities.
- You excel at planning and executing events that help the company showcase our skills and services to a broader audience.
- You consistently demonstrate a passion for values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity across the organization
- You’ve been in a sales and/or marketing role for at least five (5) years.
- You have one (1) to two (2) years of management experience.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in business or marketing.
- You’ve worked with and supported creative, small businesses.
Fun Perks to Look Forward To:
As part of the Aeolidia team, here are some benefits we will offer you:
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote work position
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, more or less (we’re pretty laid back when it comes to taking time off)
- Major holidays are paid time off
- Freedom to take a reasonable number of paid personal days off – we’re family friendly
- Our virtual office is closed for two weeks during the winter holiday season
- Participation in a SIMPLE IRA plan with 3% annual company matching
- Reimbursement for phone and internet plans (based on position)
- Opportunity to participate in the company’s profit sharing program upon eligibility
- Culture flexibility and freedom in decision making, problem solving, autonomous work environment, and ownership of your position and responsibilities
Salary for this role will be based upon your experience and education.
Aeolidia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to build something that matters.
How to Apply
Apply by August 30, 2019. This is your first test. If you can’t meet this deadline, we probably aren’t a great match.
- Attach a PDF of your cover letter. In your cover letter:
- Introduce yourself and explain why this position is of interest to you and why you would be a great fit.
- Let us know what great leadership means to you. Tell us about the best leader you ever had and what made him/her so great.
- Attach your resume in PDF format. Make sure to include 2 professional references, too.