Hi, we're Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to build better businesses with data.
We need a brilliant web developer to help us visually communicate Knack’s unique story. Hopefully that's you!
We’re looking for someone who’s not just just an expert on HTML and CSS, but who also cares about design and wants to help create an original and beautiful brand.
And did I say self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the marketing and design teams to reimagine and rebuild knack.com from scratch.
- Use code to transform designs into polished and responsive digital marketing assets, including web templates, landing pages, micro-sites, newsletters, and case studies.
- Own the Knack marketing and customer-facing websites. You’ll lead on the architecture, content management system, and execution.
- Use your creativity and experience to help tell Knack’s story and communicate Knack’s value.
- Help develop a consensus-driven process: collaborating on ideas (sketches, wireframes, mockups), producing web assets for early feedback, and continuously iterating on that feedback.
- Use code and creativity to help convey complex messages in a simple and elegant manner to a broad audience. Bonus if animation, illustration, iconography, or video is in your digital tool-belt.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- An expert with HTML and CSS. You’re passionate about writing scalable code that is responsive and accessible across all web experiences.
- Meticulous about style. Who says coders don’t care about design? We want to make beautiful things that we’re proud of, and this role will be a big part of that.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- Okay being wrong sometimes. You are comfortable running experiments and don’t mind when the data disagrees with your ideas.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to create better work.
- Original and authentic. You’re not afraid to buck design trends or look aggressively uncool if it means producing the best outcomes.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
Knack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack
to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
We've been growing steadily since 2012 as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit.
So how are we different?
- We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.